Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Doctor's Visit Today

So we went to the doctor today. Not much changed since my internal exam last week. I am still 1 cm dilated, but he said my cervix is softer and about 30% effaced. Her head is down a little lower but still not engaged. He is sending me tomorrow at 3pm to Triage at Sarasota Memorial Hospital to have a nonstress test and ultrasound. I think he could tell I was irritated that nothing had changed. I asked which due date he would use- for those of you that don't know, he originally said Sept 13 based on my last period, but the ultrasound dated Oct 1 as the due date. That's when he decided to send me for testing to narrow things down. So during tomorrow's tests, I assume they will measure Addison to see how big she is to help determine a closer due date, measure the amount of amniotic fluid, check to make sure she's developing properly, etc. The stress test hooks me up to fetal monitors and sees how her heart rate reacts to several different factors- noise, simulated contractions, etc. I'll try to post an update after the appointment to let you know what's new! We're getting closer which is exciting, but it's so hard that everything is so "up in the air"!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello Laura,

It is Kiley, I can not believe how similiar our story is to yours. According to my last period my due date should have been Sept 19th but the sonogram states the 27th and I just found out that he may not induce until the sixth. I feel as though I am going crazy. I hope you have a wonderful birthing experience and I can not wait to see pictures of this little girl that Uncle Bob and Aunt Trudy can't stop talking about. You guys take care and know you are in our thoughts.