Friday, October 1, 2010

My Special Grandpa...

My Dad was notified that Grandpa Lucas is going to be recognized again for all his wonderful service to the youth of our community. Last time he was recognized at a City Commission meeting. Now, the County Commission will recognize him at their meeting where they name the Cal Ripkin baseball park after him. We were told this presentation would be in October then they would have a ceremony to recognize the dedication of the park in February.
Addison and I were driving down Tuttle today when I saw Grandpa's name!!! I was able to grab my camera quickly to take a picture while driving by. What a surprise to see the sign sitting there waiting to be put into place!! Of course we knew about it but had no idea they had already started working on it!! I am looking forward to seeing his name on that sign every time we drive by!

No comments: