Sunday, April 27, 2008

17 weeks 4 days






Here are some new pictures to update everyone on our growing baby (and my growing bump)! We went to the doctor this past Wednesday and heard the heartbeat loud and clear. The last time (4 weeks ago) it took Dr. Hoertz a little while to find it but this time we heard it as soon as his little wand touched my belly! It was awesome. It averaged around 140. I've been reading the wives tales about the heartrate and predicting boy/girl, and it says above 140 is supposedly a girl and below 140 is a boy- well ours averaged at 140 so I guess it's still a mystery! We find out the sex on May 13. Our appointment is at 4:00 in the afternoon- we can't wait! That's when they'll do the big ultrasound with all the measurements, check our due date, and tell us if it's a boy/girl (if the baby cooperates). We'll have to give them a little "talk" before the appointment so they know how to behave-- both Grandmas will be there watching!


Enjoy the pictures. We took them this evening and I look pretty tired. You can see my face is filling out. I guess I should update my weight too since I mentioned my chunky face... I'm up to 113 pounds. So that means I've gained 12 pounds so far. I started a prenatal yoga class last Friday. It's once per week and I really enjoyed it. Not only was it lots of great stretching, it got my heartrate up a few times with some light squats and fun dancing! I felt so great afterwards and it gives me yet another thing to look forward to each week.


2 comments:

Aunt Lynda and Uncle Richard said...

You look so cute, healthy & happy prego - keep us posted on the gender- you said you would talk to "them" so "they" would behave - you don't mean twins do you ? Lots of Love to you - Happy pregnancy Wishes to both Mommy & Daddy :) Aunt Lynda & Uncle Richard

Annette said...

You are too adorable. I can't wait to hear the news about the gender......so exciting!!

Love-
Annette